Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argh!
Cooking isn't easy.

I spend a lot of my day going "ok.. I have mince, and every spice known to man.  Hell... I grow the ones I don't have dried out in little tiny jars.  Lets find a GOOD recipe."

I do a lot of googling, find a linked called 'mince cheddar stuffed bread/puff pastry'.. sounds wonderful!  The picture is of something I've only dreamed of.  The fat/comfort content is enough to make a war victim put on 30 pounds in a single sitting.  There's probably enough for seconds that would make a skeleton come back to life.  That's the thing for me!

Click on it...

Mince.. check.. cheese.. check... bacon... TRIPLE CHECK YESSSSSSSSSSSS!  1 packet ready made Warble Pliffle Brand Puff Biscuit Roll and Arugala.  Wut?  WUT THE FUCK?!  What. The. Fuck. Are. They. Talking. About?!

Seems that the americans have a lot of things that we don't.  I'm often disappointed.  I visited america for a couple of months and the first time I went to their supermarket I had on my foodlist 'tasty cheese.  They had a FULL AISLE of stuff called 'cheese food'.  No sign of cheese.  I was bombarded with this vibrant orange stuff I was assured was indeed cheese.  I passed.

Spiro thinks that my cooking is easy.  I take a lot of my ideas from online and mostly have to botch around their weird-arse ingredients.  Most things I've never heard of before, and some things they take on trust that have always existed.

Take Bacon.  Our bacon looks kinda limp and brown.  Theirs always look like an oil painting.  Do they bake it?  Is it cured in maple syrup and baked in an angel's butt?  How the hell can I match that?  I fucking well can't.

I make up for it by knowing what most vegetables look like.  They know what potatoes are.  Well... when made into french fries.  I revel in the fact that I can do things to a broccoli that will make them glad to be fried in butter and oil till crispy and tossed in balsamic vinegar. I'm proud that I've never deep-fried a lettuce.

But find a recipe for Swedish meatballs that isn't american or fried?  I'll have to wing it.

It'll probably involve Parmesan.  Or Pizza Hut.

Aims.

Messages In This Thread
Argh! - Aimée - 19-10-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: Argh! - Aimée - 19-10-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Argh! - Aimée - 19-10-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: Argh! - Aimée - 19-10-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Argh! - BrotherXan - 29-10-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: Argh! - SpiroDotgeek - 19-10-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: Argh! - Aimée - 31-10-2015, 11:13 AM